It needs a decent amount of time to explore the city of Jaisalmer and its surroundings. Here are list of things that you can do in Jaisalmer.
1. Visit Gadisar Lake in the evening for its clean water and great sunset views.
2. Near to Gadisar lake is desert cultural center and museum – It is run by a local schoolteacher. The puppet shows are the best.
3. Jaisalmer fort – Visit for its Palace and Jain Temples. Do not forget to explore the by-lanes in the fort.
4. Havelis – Jaisalmer has some beautiful traditional Havelis. The best of the lot of Patwon-ki-Haveli, Salim Singh Ji ki Haveli and Nathmal Haveli.
5. Jain Temple of Lodhurva – 15 km from Jaisalmer is the Jain Temple surrounded by sand dunes.
6. Bada bagh – 10 km from Jaisalmer is Bada bagh contains the cenotaphs of Jaisalmer rulers.
7. Amar Sagar – 15 km from Jaisalmer. It has a Jain Temple with a small garden and a big lake. The lake was completely dried when we visited.
8. Sand dunes – People come to Jaisalmer for sand dunes. Khuri and Sam are the two places where sand dunes are present. Both are about 40 km from Jaisalmer but in opposite direction. We went to Sam sand dunes and stayed in a tent for a night. If you can spend more days, head for desert trek or safari.