My travel to Prague

During my childhood we use to ask our friends to spell “Czechoslovakia”, one of the difficult words in English. All I knew during that time was that it was a country in Europe. Later the country was split into two and they also divided the name of their country!! The two countries were “Czech” and “Slovakia”!! Prague, the capital city became part of Czech Republic.

Prague castle

Well, this was a post long overdue. I visited Prague in April this year. But the New Zealand trip and monsoon travels took most of my time in writing. Before I forget, I thought that I must put this in writing.

Charles bridge
During my official visit to Netherlands, I had a weekend to spare. Prague was in my backlog for sometime. The cheaper tickets to Prague helped to quickly decide on the destination. It was an early morning flight from Eindhoven on Saturday and late evening flight to Amsterdam on Sunday.   Indeed it was a very short visit and I utilized every possible minute of my stay in Prague.
Church of Our Lady before Týn


Here are some of tips with resect to time utilization and budget.
Ticket counter at airport

Area where I stayed




Let me try to put some details on the places I visited in the next posts.

Labels: , ,